Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Portion

Hello again Women of Noble Character,

The Saints go "Marching" on......I know corny. Happy March Everyone!

I've been trying over the last two months to adjust my portions....my portion of all foods, my portion of TV, my portion of exercise, my portion of self-control. As I do this, I can't help but to think of the following verses:

Psalm 73:25-26, "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

I actually have these verses on my fridge. I try very hard not to forget they are there....as they blend in with all the pictures and children's artwork that are also posted there. If I truly concentrate on what these verses mean, I gain strength......He (God) is my portion. When I increase my portion of God (thru prayer, personal time with Him, bible study, worship, fellowship with other believers), I know that all those other things I listed above will also be adjusted to their correct portions. If I fill up with Him, I'm completely satisfied.

Over the next two weeks as we learn these verses together, let's make God our complete desire and portion forever!

In Christ,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment