Monday, July 26, 2010

A Prayer of Gratitude

Lord ~ I want to have a grateful heart. I know it's in here, inside of me, but I am finding that gratitude in all circumstances of life can be quite a challenge at times. I've had a hard time losing Catherine ~ my heart aches for her friendship, to hear her voice and yet know that when I dial her phone number there will be no "Hanna Bear" on the other end of the line.

Your word tells me in James 1:2 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." Is this the kind of trial that will test my faith which will in turn develop perseverance? I pray that it will be.

You say; (James 1:4) Perseverance must finish its work so that I can be mature and complete, not lacking anything. So I pray that You will help me to persevere Lord.

I am grateful for a friendship that made me a better person. For a friendship with substance that was based on a mutual love for You. For insight into your word that only Catherine could put in such a way that I not only could understand it better, but usually got a great story and a good laugh as well.

Thank you Lord for the gift of Catherine's life and how it touched so many others. I know I was just one of hundreds of lives she affected. I can see how You used her. It was amazing to watch as she struggled to make ends meet and yet always did. And then she would give You the glory for the victory; big (like her house payment) and small (dog and cat sitting jobs.)

Lord I pray that I will be that kind of friend. The kind that loves and loves with honesty. The kind that will be grateful for every situation and every person you put in my life. (And Lord when you are ready for me I really hope you put us on the same street.)

So Lord I thank you for helping me put things in perspective; for allowing my life to be blessed by hers and for helping me realize how important the friends that I have in my life right now are. Help me to persevere this day and come back to You tomorrow for more reassurance. And Lord I pray that you would give me the grace to grow in Godly character ~ Amen.

Grateful,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Julie-


    Very well written! Thank you for sharing what was on your heart. May we all seek His glorious face and experience Gratefulness- Thank you Jesus :)

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete